ntp.ubuntulinux.org?

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Wed Jan 4 20:29:33 GMT 2006

also sprach Chris Jones <cmsj at tenshu.net> [2006.01.04.2039 +0100]:
> Andreas Simon wrote:
> > would then depend on this information and point to {au,de,fr,us}.pool.ntp.org
>
> Every time I do this myself I end up talking to what are clearly
> enthusiast run ntpd's on random cable modems and DSL lines.
> I much prefer to set a few known-good servers ;)

You should let the timekeepers mailing list know. We are raising
standards for NTP servers, and out quality assurance tools are
getting better by the day.

I operate 5 NTP stratum 2 and 1 stratum 1 server. Two of the stratum
2 servers were kicked from the pool within 2 hours of a scheduled
reboot of the servers. How much better do you want it?

 .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>
`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

the security, stability and reliability of a computer system
is reciprocally proportional to
the amount of vacuity between the ears of the admin.