grub graphics support and serial port

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 25 08:56:47 GMT 2006

Hello Bill,

Am Freitag, den 24.02.2006, 15:51 -0800 schrieb Bill Huey:
> I didn't get reply from the first emailing so I'm sending it
> again.

This is unnecessary. The lists are not the proper place for bugs.

> Did the graphics support packages kill the serial port
> features in the current grub release. I'm looking at the
> patches now and there seems to be a significant reshuffling of
> code around to support it.

If you observe something not working anymore that used to work for you,
then it's a regression. Could you please file a but about it?

> Has there been additional complaints
> about that from other users ?

I'd very much appreciate if you had a look beforehand:

      * http://tinyurl.com/r5m82 is a search for 'serial' in all grub
        bugs we have, which indicates that the bug was not filed yet.
      * http://tinyurl.com/fge7c is a list of all the open bugs in
        Ubuntu that contain 'serial' and a quick flick through the
        results, shows it's not filed.

The volume of the lists is just too high at the moment and bugs simply
don't belong here.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel