post-install media formats wizard

Dane Mutters dmutters at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:26:11 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 08:10 am, Chris Wagner wrote:
> I agree.
>
> Surely someone has already written a spec on this?  or had further
> discussions outside of the devel list?
>
> I've seen a similar thread at least once before, where it was suggested
> that such a dialog was created to notify users about restricted formats
> and guide them from there.
>
> I am wondering what happened to the other discussions...  Did we give up
> on this idea?  Is it that nobody has dedicated time to it?  Or is it
> something that the higher-up's don't quite care for.

	This seems to be a re-titled discussion of "Dapper installation notes/stuff
that needs fixing".  That discussion had deviated from a report on what
worked and didn't work on an install of a daily build to a conversation on
media players and non-free formats.  The new title is more fitting (thanks to
whoever changed it).

	--Dane