pretty please: some package reviews for NFSv4-support

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at cc.hut.fi
Wed Feb 22 15:55:11 GMT 2006

 	Hi!

   I've packaged some libraries that are needed for NFSv4-support, and I
would love to have them in for dapper, so I'm in a bit of a hurry..

I uploaded them all to REVU:

libnfsidmap_0.12:	http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=1961
libgssapi_0.7:		http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=1956
librpcsecgss_0.7:	http://revu.tauware.de/details.py?upid=1959

Dapper already has libnfsidmap_0.8, so this would need reviewing from
someone able to upload to main. After that, I'll ask for UVF-exception for
it. nfs-utils is the only package that build-depends on it, so it might
need rebuilding after this (I've tried that, builds fine).

libgssapi and librpcsecgss are not yet in debian, because there was a file
conflict with libgssapi1-heimdal from sarge-era and upstream couldn't
upload them, but it was discovered today that it is not the case anymore
(the previously conflicting library is now libgssapi4-heimdal). These
libraries could go to universe.

So, I'm asking kindly if someone could review these and comment on REVU or
directly to me by mail and I'll make changes where needed. I would
appreciate it hugely ;)

after these Dapper should have pretty decent NFSv4-support, as soon as
mount_2.12r-7 hits the archives. Oh glory!