Gnome Screensaver issues?

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Tue Feb 21 09:29:51 GMT 2006

Hi

On 8:31:45 am 21/02/2006 Mattias Eriksson <snaggen at acc.umu.se> wrote:
> Wrong.. the slideshow really requires a configuration option to

My point was that it works without such an option, it's just perhaps a
little boring because the slideshow cycles around the same picture ;)

> possible in gnome-screensavers today. The upstream solution is to
> force the user to have the pictures in the folder "~/Pictures" which

Yuck. I would rather lose the slideshow screensaver than do that.

Perhaps I am not the best person to opine about this, since I think all
pretty screensavers are a waste of time and resources, but I do like to
lock my display with a blank screen and I much prefer gnome-screensaver to
xscreensaver for that, so losing a few of the hacks would be of little
consequence.

Cheers,
---
Chris Jones