nvidia-agp won't load, unresolved symbols

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Feb 11 19:56:45 GMT 2006

On Saturday 11 February 2006 20:28, chantra wrote:
> I guess this is because nvidia-agp needs agpgart. nvidia-agp, intel-agp,
> ati-agp,via-agp .... and any other needs agpgart.
>
> here is my lsmod on my latop: intel graph card:
> $lsmod | grep agp
> intel_agp              23164  1
> agpgart                34792  3 drm,intel_agp
>
> on my desktop comp, using nvdia video card and via chipset:
>
> $lsmod | grep agp
> via_agp                 9728  1
> agpgart                34888  2 via_agp,nvidia

The problem is more that it is *not* possible to use nvidia-agp at all. When
using the nVidia closed source driver you can use the standard linux kernel
agp or the agp module from nVidia (nvidia-agp). nvidia-agp generally works
better and faster with the nVidia Xorg driver.

I've also filed a bug/request reguarding agp modules:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/hotplug/+bug/31172

I've been experimenting with this on Breezy while developing the Xorg config
utility for Guidance (which is planned to be in Dapper).

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/