question: missing some ia32 lib on amd64 for firefox?

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Wed Feb 1 16:01:37 GMT 2006

Hello ubuntu-devel people,

I've been lurking on ubuntu forums and ubuntu-users for the matter of
running macromedia flash on amd64 systems.

One of the proposed solutions is installing firefox-i386 , thus enabling
macromedia's plugin installation.

It works, but one thing puzzles me. Firefox's widgets and window icon
seems to disappear when firefox-i386 is run on amd64 systems, as you can
see at http://www.surak.eti.br/firefox32-on-amd64.jpg

Forums and ubuntu-users didn't offer a solution for this. Is this
perhaps some i386 lib which is missing on lib32's packages for amd64?

This is not related with
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/28479 ,
however a solution for this would be nice before closing this malone
bug.

Thanks for your attention.
--
Alexandre Strube <surak at surak.eti.br>