Suspend2 isn't invasive.

Aren Olson reacocard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 15:23:29 GMT 2006

On 12/21/06, Hervé Fache <Herve at lucidia.net> wrote:

> On 12/20/06, Matt Price <matt.price at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> And I think Bernard has some suggestions for acpi-support (hard for me
> to generate them as I don't have diffs btwn his packages and the
> current acpi-support versions).  My idea isthat it could be made as
> easy as possible for those of us who still seem to require suspend2 to
> use it.
>
> Didn´t Bernard create Suspend2 kernels for Dapper? Why is it more
> difficult with Edgy?

Yes, Bernard did create some for Dapper[1]. And thanks to Treviño we now
have packages for Edgy as well[2]. Both contain updates to acpi-support that
allow acpi to use the hibernate script instead of its normal methods.

Merging these changes and the intramfs changes mentioned above into the
normal Ubuntu packages would be a big help for those of us who want to use
suspend2.

Aren

[1] http://dagobah.ucc.asn.au/dapper-kernels/
[2] http://3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/dists/edgy/suspend2/index.html
--
"Whoever said sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." - K.
Jackson