[ubuntu-in] m17n-lib deb required

Suraj N. Kurapati skurapat at ucsc.edu
Tue Dec 5 17:53:21 GMT 2006

Aniruddha Shankar wrote:
> I'm trying to get skim + scim + m17n-lib to work on Kubuntu Edgy. One major
> issue that was present was the inability to use scim+m17n-lib with Firefox and
> Openoffice.org . This has been fixed (
> http://www.scim-im.org/news/imengines_news/scim_m17n_0_2_2 ) in m17n-lib 0.2.2,
> but this is not available in the package repositories.

Edgy has version 1.3.1 of m17n-* packages available:

$ dpkg -l '*m17n*'
||/ Name                    Version
+++-=======================-=======================-
ii  libm17n-0               1.3.1-1
ii  m17n-db                 1.3.1-1build1
un  m17n-docs               <none>
un  m17n-env                <none>
ii  scim-m17n               0.1.3-2

The libm17n-0 package listed above most likely corresponds to the
m17n-lib package you are requesting.

> Create a .deb for m17n-lib and tell the list where they've uploaded it?

I made m17n 1.3.3 and scim 0.2.0 packages here:
http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~snk/pub/scim/

http://women.debian.org/wiki/index.php/English/BuildingTutorial