When the user fills up the hard drive

Bjoern Ottervik bjorn.ottervik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 14:36:16 GMT 2006

Ext2/3 filesystems already reserves a cetain percentage of space for
superusers by deafult, to make sure you can always log in - in single
user mode - and free up space if something like this happens.
Ext2/3 is still the default filesystem for Ubuntu, and I think it's a
safe bet that anyone who is linux savvy enough to think they should be
going around changing the default filesystem would also know how to
mount partitions from a live environment and free upp space if something
like this happens...

Though I guess it wouldnt hurt to have a good and to the point warning
when users are starting to fill upp their quota, explaining that it will
cause them some difficulty. :) (provided that one is not already in place.)

/Björn Ottervik