Collaborating with developers that don't have Launchpad accounts?

Brad Bollenbach brad.bollenbach at pobox.com
Mon Aug 28 17:15:14 BST 2006

Hey all,

One of the issues that came up recently on the Launchpad developer list,
from discussion about auto-creating accounts of data imported from
elsewhere, was assigning bugs to users that aren't registered in
Launchpad. This seemed like a bit of a contrived use case, but I thought
I'd ask you guys for feedback to help inform my point of view.

Do you ever need to do any of the following, where $user doesn't have a
Launchpad account:

  * assign $user to a bug?
  * subscribe $user to a bug?
  * make $user a bug contact (distro-wide or package)?
  * something else where $user doesn't have an account, so the entry
field prevents you from doing it?

And, if so, is it reasonable to assume that $user should have to first
register in LP before you are able to do the above actions?

Brad