Serious bug ... xserver-xorg-core update kills X

Charl Fourie charlfo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 07:29:06 BST 2006

My only suggestion would be for it to be automated (the way the update
manager currently works.)  While I would love to be involved in
using/testing such early releases, I am predominantly using Ubuntu
within a work environment where time and mental resources are limited.
If it is a manual job to find and install these early releases, I would
probably end up not doing it.  My point is that the more automated and
easy it is for the community to participate continually, the more people
will.   My gut feel is (note that I am not an expert in Ubuntu/Linux)
that the mechanism for doing this is already in place (Update Manager),
and the easiest would be to simply make use of it rather then trying to
re-invent the wheel.  Wouldn't it be possible to simply create a
'pre-release' repository?  Those who want to participate can then simply
register to that repository.  Excuse my ignorance if any.