Mono required by ubuntu-desktop

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 10 21:18:05 BST 2006

Hi Dan,

Dan Kegel [2006-08-10 12:47 -0700]:
> On 8/10/06, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 09:03:31PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > > Oh, except for one thing: the live cd based installer was completely
> > > unusable.  Way too piggy.  I had to use the alternate installer.
> >
> > This is not a fault in the live installer...
>
> http://releases.ubuntu.com/6.06/ claims that the live installer only
> requires 192MB of system RAM.   That's about what my 256MB system has
> (after subtracting shared video RAM), and it was bad enough that it
> was unusable.

My laptop has 256 MB as well (on a relatively slow 800 MHz powerpc),
and ubiquity works quite fine with it. If it is excessively slow,
maybe you did find a bug?

(BTW, you don't happen to have tried this on powerpc? the original
dapper images had a bug that triggered anacron to start after some
minutes, which made the live image completely unusable).

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?