Please test AutoUnmountNotifications implementation

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 5 15:03:33 BST 2006

Hi,

Constantine Evans [2006-08-04 18:54 -0700]:
> I think that this would be a bad idea. We can assume that a user using a
> computer is reasonably literate, and requiring that the user click on
> something is quite annoying, especially if they are doing something else
> on the computer at the time.

I agree, that's why I proposed the 10 second timeout.

> But there is most likely a spec on this, is there not?

Sure, it's mentioned in the Subject:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AutoUnmountNotifications

This spec also describes why this is just sort of a workaround.

Martin

--
Martin Pitt              http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer   http://www.ubuntulinux.org