Moderated dev list?

Michael V. De Palatis depalatis at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 17:06:16 BST 2006

On 8/5/06, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On 8/5/06, Micah J. Cowan <micah at cowan.name> wrote:
> > The moderator(s) would hopefully redirect legitimate but off-topic posts
> > to the correct forums, allowing ubuntu-devel to have the "formal
> > board-meeting style" that is intended for it
> > (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelFAQ).
>
> I'm one of the guilty parties, but if someone had told me
> my posts were on the wrong list, I would have stopped
> straight away.  Maybe all that's missing is a few gentle
> reminders when things are getting out of hand?

I think for the most part this usually works. If someone is reminded
and they refuse to heed warnings (which I imagine only rarely happens
on mailing lists... Mailing lists tend to have far more maturity than
forums), then they can be dealt with on a case by case basis. This may
sound harsh, but since it's not likely to come up often, I think a
policy like this would be ok.

--
Mike