Please test AutoUnmountNotifications implementation

Constantine Evans constantine at evanslabs.org
Sat Aug 5 02:54:26 BST 2006

Xavier Claessens wrote:
> Works for me. I think the message should despair until the user click on
> the bubble, to be sure he has time to read the message.
>
> Thanks for this work :-)
>
> Xavier Claessens.

I think that this would be a bad idea. We can assume that a user using a
computer is reasonably literate, and requiring that the user click on
something is quite annoying, especially if they are doing something else
on the computer at the time. Quite a few notifications on Windows
require the user to click to dismiss them, and I have found that this
causes considerable annoyance among most people I have seen deal with them.

But there is most likely a spec on this, is there not?

Constantine Evans