Mono required by ubuntu-desktop

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Tue Aug 1 23:40:21 BST 2006

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:24:01 -0500
Brandon Holtsclaw <imbrandon at kubuntu.org> wrote:

> > I'm sure Ubuntu wants to do better. Providing more features and better
> > applications is not a waste of RAM, it's putting RAM to good use.
> >

> +1 , isnt xubuntu the scaled down version for older computers, why are
> we putting TOO much worry in this for "edgy" that is supose to have the
> bells a whistles

 -1  , where do you think people with bad net access get their
installation media? I'm not aware that Xubuntu is available through shipit
- and the graphical installer that is now the default for shipit makes more
memory demands on older machines.

> Just my 0.2c from my iBook with a meer 640mb ram

Exactly! Time for a reality check: a lot of Ubuntu users could not
possibly afford an iBook, or even a celeron with half your ram - in many
countries a PIII with 128 MB ram would be a luxury!

Peter