UbuntuLiveChatSupport testing.

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sun Apr 30 18:27:08 BST 2006

Op zo, 30-04-2006 te 13:22 +0200, schreef Dennis Kaarsemaker:
> On za, 2006-04-29 at 22:22 +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:
> > > * The user's automated buddy list also improve, the localized
> > channels
> > > are now added, and #ubuntu and #ubuntu-<locale> have a group called
> > > "Auto-join Default".
> >
> > I and at least three other people told you on the wiki page that this
> > is
> > *not* a good idea...
>
> If your locale is nl_BE, it would be reasonable to auto-join #ubuntu-nl
> and #ubuntu-be.

That would be much better in our case, but I'm not sure it would work
for all countries & languages?  I mean, in #ubuntu-uk they probably
can't help Ukrainian-speaking people very well...   ;-)

That's why I propose (ab?)using gettext for this; give every locale the
choice where they want to point users to for getting support.

--
Jan Claeys