Quality Control Suggestion

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 28 06:43:51 BST 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 11:48:35PM -0400, Richard Kleeman wrote:
> The basic idea is to get community feedback on a software test list. The
> Ubuntu forum is probably a good place to attempt this. Once I have
> something I will put it on the wiki.

> What are Simon's contact details? Is he the new QA guy?

Yes, I CCed him on my reply, but you omitted the CC on yours.  I'm copying
him again.

> What mechanism would you suggest to entrain the community on a wider
> scale into such this exercise?

Our milestone announcement messages could refer testers to these pages; the
tricky bit is to have a mechanism in place to record the results (whether
success or failure).  We use an ad-hoc wiki page for installation cases at
the moment, but could do with something more formal.

 - mdz