10k open Ubuntu bugs

john e john.godzero at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 07:08:14 BST 2006

> First, introducing a "Won't Fix Here" status.
> <https://launchpad.net/products/malone/+bug/36059> This will let bugs
> have statuses like "Evolution: confirmed; Ubuntu: Won't Fix Here". In
> that example, the bug occurs in Ubuntu's Evolution package, and if it's
> fixed in a new upstream release Ubuntu will happily package that
> release, but the Ubuntu developers will never fix it separately.

I'm curious about the uptake of all the collaboration. Are upstream
(and possably other distros) actively reading or some how
automatically receiving bug reports/feature requests/feedback/patches?

I'm really hopefull they are. Streamlining the process the way I heard
it envisioned is great; but I'm curious: How has it been so-far, and
howmuch acceptance/energy has the process received?