Battery icon defaults

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 20 08:02:19 BST 2006

Hi Rui,

(no need to CC: me, I read the list)

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 02:39 +0100, Rui T.C.Matos wrote:
> From: Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com>
>
> [snip]
> > So, please post your opinions on this.
>
> Are you suggesting to remove the g-p-m daemon from the desktop or just patch it
> to remove it's icon from the notification area?

To set the "Notification Area" preference to 'never' by default.

> Either way, before considering this move, please take a look at this bug[1]
> (solved in g-p-m HEAD I think). Maybe it would be possible to backport the
> needed code changes and the (pretty) icons to the dapper version.

As far as I can see, that bug is about making better looking icons,
rather than improving the way which icons tell the user how much battery
time is left. In fact, a number of comments on that bug demonstrate an
unwillingness to understand the importance of that. Maybe I've
misunderstood the changes made. Thanks for pointing the bug out, any
way.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF