Please test new cups packages

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 19 13:39:19 BST 2006

Hi Mark,

Mark Syms [2006-04-14 14:35 +0100]:
> Seems to work OK with my Epson Stylus Photo 890, test page printed OK
> anyway.

Thanks for testing.

> As a side issue, I have a printer statically defined in CUPS for this
> printer but get prompted for admin rights to add a new one when I switch
> it on. Is it possible to make the detection script a bit more
> intelligent and check if there is a config for the detected printer
> before asking for sudo rights? Just a thought.

Hm, the 'autoprinter' command of gnome-volume-manager (the one you'll
see in System -> Settings -> Removable devices) is disabled by
default. Did you turn it on manually at some point? Anyway, if you
think there's a bug there, please file one against
gnome-volume-manager.

Thanks,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?