Malone: Making Binary Package go away on bugs?

Brad Bollenbach brad.bollenbach at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 21:31:39 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 15:14 -0400, Brad Bollenbach wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're planning to remove binary package from bug reports. Any
> objections?

Some clarification, based on IRC feedback:

* +filebug will still accept a binary package, or a source package.
It'll convert a binary package to the appropriate source package, if
needed.

* Some users have suggested that searching by binary package is really
important, and I can appreciate this. We can make our search map a
binary package to the appropriate source package, and doing so via an
SQL query rather than by relying on the binary package stored on the bug
would be a much more accurate way to do this, because the binary package
stored on the bug is often missing or wrong.

Brad