Acer Aspire laptop wifi problem.

Ian Soutar soutar at uvic.ca
Fri Apr 7 00:44:47 BST 2006

Development Group

Report on Acer Aspire 3000 with Kubuntu Dapper Drake 5.

I have been running Dapper Drake since it was released in version 5.
Also doing regular updates so it may be the same as the flight 6 release.

This is the first distro to get the acpi stuff correct.

1/ Sleeping works
2/ Hibernation works
3/ Temperature and other sensors work.

There is one small bug .. I can get wifi to work by installing an
ndiswrappper driver. However the modem does not work until I sleep the
machine and wake it up. Does anyone have a command line tool that wakes
the wifi? Once I wake the computer the wifi-radar and networking tools
all start working.

Thanks,
Ian Soutar