ubuntu-desktop depends on bicyclerepair?

Sandis Neilands sandisn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 06:26:50 BST 2006

Hello Matt!

On 4/3/06, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> The goal of ubuntu-desktop isn't to collect packages which are needed on
> pracitcally every Ubuntu system (that's more ubuntu-minimal).  Its goal is
> to provide a desktop system which is useful to many types of users.  One of
> these types of users is a Python developer, or a user who is learning to
> program in Python.

While I'm downloading flight 6...

Shouldn't *-desktop depend on build-essential too? As far as I know c
and c++ are far more popular languages in schools and universities
than python. I'm almost sure that even pascal is more used than python
in those places. Or perhaps we should make metapackage for each
language (python-develop, c-develop, ruby-develop, etc)?

--
Sandis