Problems on Sony VAIO VGN-FS660/W - 3d, hotkeys, sleep/hibernate

Stephen Shirley diamond+ubuntu-devel at nonado.net
Sun Apr 2 13:06:10 BST 2006

On 02/04/06, Richard Gould <rwgould at gmail.com> wrote:

> * 3-D Acceleration: Does glxinfo return the line "direct rendering: Yes"?
> No. Is this unexpected behaviour? I thought I had to install the
> binary nvidia driver to get 3-D accelartion?

I believe at some time in the dapper release cycle Mesa3d was added to the
default install, giving s/w 3d 'acceleration', and hence the confusing
output from glxinfo. The test for that in the wiki really needs to be
updated (though i don't know to what exactly).

Steve
--
"You are technically correct, the best kind of correct."
- Bureaucrat 1.0, Futurama