Easier internet configuration

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 1 20:10:40 BST 2006

<paraphrase> Gianmarco said that setting up PPPoE should be easier in
Ubuntu. </paraphrase>

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 14:58 -0500, John Richard Moser wrote:

> People with one computer and a
> straight-out DSL modem are the only ones that really wind up needing
> host-based PPPoE

There are loads of these people. We get them every day on the italian
support mailing list. He's right that setting them up should be easier
in Ubuntu. Sadly, I don't think it's the sort of thing that is easy to
do.

Gianmarco, if you file a bug and include the model of your modem, that
would be helpful.

p.s. please try to avoid top posting emails, it's easier to follow
threads if you don't.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF