OpenOffice/Gnome file dialogs

Thomas Beckett thomas.beckett at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 03:53:29 CDT 2005

> In another posting, a list member mentioned the fact that his Windows buddy could
> not figure out how to install additional fonts on Ubuntu.  I also could not
> figure out the GUI way to do it on Ubuntu.  So of course I resorted to the non-GUI way
> which is easy for me (i.e., as root drop fonts into /usr/share/fonts).  But
> even as I was solving the problem for myself, I was thinking, gee this *really*
> is *not* the right answer for inexperienced users!

If you load nautilus as root then you can drag and drop the files into
/usr/share/fonts
You can also store fonts in ~/.fonts (i think thats the name) so i
assume you can just create that folder if it doesnt exist and then
drag and drop your new fonts to there as a normal user. The font
importer then opens and installs them there.

Tom