vga16fb diagnostics

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Thu Sep 29 23:05:46 CDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Carey O'Shea wrote:

Hello Carey,

Thanks for those!

> Breezy Console: http://users.on.net/~lncoshea/carey/breezy-console.jpg
> Breezy Installer: http://users.on.net/~lncoshea/carey/breezy-installer.jpg
> Breezy Splash: http://users.on.net/~lncoshea/carey/breezy-splash.jpg

Puzzling, I'm not sure why the wraparound in this picture appears to show
the text (at the top---the wraparound) being squished to half-height.

*confuzzled*

> http://users.on.net/~lncoshea/carey/breezy-installer-splash.jpg

640x400x4 set by sys/isolinux, so no problems (the machine booted in this
mode).

> Breezy with my own 2.6.13-2 custom kernel (Why is it fixed?):
> http://users.on.net/~lncoshea/carey/breezy-with-kernel-2.6.13-2.jpg

Thanks for typing the numbers here, it made the counting easier :).  In this
case the machine is running in 80x25 text-mode (on a 640x400 clock) and
probably not using the framebuffer;  just plain VGA text-generation by the
video-card itself.

	-Paul
--
The autumn is wet here.  Lancaster, GB