hdb: cdrom_pc_intr

Astrit Zhushi astrit at albalinux.org
Wed Sep 28 06:17:59 CDT 2005

Greetings,

I've installed Ubuntu 5.10 "Breezy Badger" on my Acer Aspire 1694WLMi (
2.0Ghz, 1GB of RAM, ATI 128MB x700, 100 GB HDD, 15,4" ) and after some (
I ran into ACPI problems, hotkey problems, monitor problem, wireless
problems ) time everything seems to be working. However there's an error
I'm getting all the time ( although it seems not to affect the
performances ), the error I'm getting is:

hdb: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireaseon = 0x01)
hdb: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireaseon = 0x01)
hdb: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireaseon = 0x01)
hdb: cdrom_pc_intr: The drive appears confused (ireaseon = 0x01)

hdb is my laptop cdrom which seems to work fine.

Is this a big problem, is there any workaround this ??

My kernel boot options are:

pci=noacpi ( without this I can't boot )
pci=usepirqmask irqpoll ( this fixed my Disabling IRQ #10 problem )

I've posted this mail in Ubuntu Users List but so far no workaround.

P.S
If anyone wishes me to test anything on this laptop, I'd be happy to help

Best regards,
Astrit Zhushi