Gnome-panel, Nautilus and Memory

AndersAA dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Sat Sep 24 13:09:36 CDT 2005

Lorenzo E. Danielsson Wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 12:05 -0400, AndersAA wrote:
> > find out what exactly is using all the memory, chances are it's a
> leak
> > somewhere.
>
> That's my guess as well.
> >

> > try tools like top, and xrestop (xrestop will show whats using X
> shared
> > memory).
>
> I use top, never tried xrestop. I can see which applications are using
> memory. Gnome-panel is eating the most, followed by nautilus.
>

> > --
> > AndersAA
> >
> --
> Homepage/Weblog: http://backa97.org
> Jabber: lordan at jabber.earth.li

are you running any special themes/icon sets/mouse pointers?  I've
seen those cause leaks under some conditions.

Also, you could try making a new user, and seeing if that user has the
same problems.  If not chances are the problem is because one of the
.g* directories in your home folder, but dont remove them all, you
wanna be able to reproduce the problem so the developers can figure out
what's causing it ;)

--
AndersAA