Possible error in install manual on CD?

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:03:28 CDT 2005

I just downloaded the latest x86 Breezy CD and was reading the documentation.

Maybe I've missunderstood something, but here's what it says:

<quote>
2.1.1 Supported Architectures
Ubuntu 5.10 supports eleven major architectures and several variations
of each architecture known as 'flavors'.
</quote>

I thought "architecture" meant chip type, and indeed, in the table
below this quote there is listed a colunn "Ubuntu Designation" with
the entries (i386, m68k, alpha, sparc, arm, powerpc, hppa, ia64, mips,
mipsel, s390).

I'm not a real hardware savvy guy, but is this correct, and Ubuntu is
supported on all of these archs?

Sorry if this is an issue of my ignorace!
--
Michael Moore