FEATURE REQUEST: Unbroken screensaver.

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 20 05:12:11 CDT 2005

<quote who="George Barnett">

> > ok I guess this is kinda becoming off topic, but just one tip..  You can
> > use Brightside to prevent your screensaver to run when you put your
> > mouse on one of your corners... ;)
>
> So I need to install yet another app to prevent something that really
> should be configurable in the screensaver itself?
>
> > PS: I personally like the unlocking window of gnome-screensaver
>
> A pretty unlocking screen isn't a substitute for functionality.

gnome-screensaver is extremely new code, please don't make judgements on it
based on its current state. Unfortunately, it was pushed into breezy (after
feature and preview freeze!), but it's really not ready yet. It'll be great
for dapper. I'm trying to have its inclusion in breezy reassessed.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
EuroOSCON: October 17th-20th    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/eurooscon/

    "I'm just mucking round down the shallow end of the literary pool, I
                          suppose." - Mick Molloy