VoIP client

Udo Puetz robos at muon.de
Sat Sep 17 14:24:18 CDT 2005

Hi List. This is my first post so be gentle :)
I've lurked on the list for some time and saw the discussion about adding
shtoom as a voip client to ubuntu. I tried it then (snapshots) and they
didn't work.
Just now I've been looking over some voip clients (list of found clients here
http://vobcopy.org/cgi-bin/blosxom/2005/09/17#liste-softphones) and found
http://www.minisip.org/ which seems really nice, is licensed under the
gpl and - as a big plus - offers encryption of the audio stream. I've seen
numerous reports lately that with voip taking off now a thought should be
spend on the security of the transmission. So, if you want to add a voice
over IP client to ubuntu (which I would really welcome) why not do it the
right way from the start?
Cheers
Udo Puetz

--
Robos -
gpg --recv-keys --keyserver blackhole.pca.dfn.de 6EEADA09