Switching user

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Sat Sep 17 11:40:21 CDT 2005

Hi,

What is the package to report bugs on for user switching (multiple
simultaneous logins)?

Is there also a wiki page for improvement to this feature, since the
user interface and the way components interact seems to be very flaky,
especially compared to WinXP. If not, I'd like to request a project for
Breezy+1 to improve this feature, as it is important especially for new
computer users that this be simple and well-integrated, or they find it
very difficult to use Ubuntu, getting "stuck" all the time. My parents
hard disk just died so I've put them on a latest-breezy machine for now,
and the user switching upon lock-screen is problematic. Requiring them
to log out whenever they leave the computer is not practical as they are
old and keep forgetting, and don't always mean to leave it for more than
a couple of minutes - but then get called away.

--
Tristan Wibberley

Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily coincide with those
of my employer, etc.