Breezy and removing tg3 kernel driver

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:25:11 CDT 2005

Hello,

I have searched through the mailing lists and googled in different forms,
but I can't figure this out. Hopefully it is something simple.

I use Cisco VPN software (4.6.00.0045-k9) to access my VPN at work.

It doesn't play well with the tg3 driver for some reason. (I tested it again
after the Breezy install.)

So I downloaded the latest Broadcom linux driver (8.2.18), compiled and
installed it. It modprobes just fine.

Now I am stuck - I can't figure out how to not use the tg3 driver. I went
and moved the tg3.ko files out of the drivers/net directory, but they were
still loaded when I rebooted. This trick worked in Hoary (unless my memory
is wrong).

All help appreciated.

Thanks.

--