gnome-bittorrent is an unsatisfactory bittorrent client

alex.v at comcast.net alex.v at comcast.net
Thu Sep 15 11:40:54 CDT 2005

Gnome-bittorent may not have as many features as other clients, but it's small,
functional, and easy to use. One of the nice things about Ubuntu is that it
doesn't come with half a dozen install CDs. If we want to keep bloat to a
minimum, we can't include everything a user will ever need out-of the-box. The
idea should be to provide a good assortment of useful desktop applications and
let users add to that as they see fit.

I think gnome-bittorent fits this nitch quite well. It's simple enough for even
casual Bittorrent users to understand and doesn't significantly bloat the base
install size.

Alex Vancina