AMD64-SMP kernel in Breezy dont boot.

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 14 06:07:29 CDT 2005

<quote who="Jesper Krogh">

> >  If that doesn't work, what storage subsystem and disks do you have running
> >  in your system?
>
> That didn't change anything.
>
> Dmesg from bootdevice:
> [  115.258112] mptbase: Initiating ioc0 bringup
> [  115.375701] ioc0: 53C1030: Capabilities={Initiator}
> [  115.656794] Fusion MPT SCSI Host driver 3.01.20

Hrm. Wonder if it's an initramfs vs. driver issue?

> The last is a compressed cpio-archive, does that change anything?

Yes, that's correct. We switched to initramfs by default between -3 ABI and
-8 ABI. I strongly suspect this is an initramfs bug - you may want to file a
bug with this information, and if you can, work with Jeff Bailey on some fix
testing. :-)

- Jeff

--
UbuntuBelowZero                       http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBelowZero

    "Professor Tanenbaum did not convince AdTI that Linus Torvalds wrote
        the Linux kernel from scratch." - Ken Brown, Sponsored Moron