openoffice not upgraded?

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Wed Sep 14 03:26:05 CDT 2005

> I see, thanks for the explination Zach. I've seen a lot of advice from
> people to just "change to breezy in your sources and do dist-upgrade" --
> so I assume many people just won't know to make sure ubuntu-desktop is
> installed before doing the dist-upgrade.
>
> So -- is there any way to have the dist-upgrade for Breezy install
> ubuntu-desktop automatically, if it's missing, since it needs to be
> installed for things to go smoothly? Or are there disadvantages of doing
> that?

Yes, there might be a reason to remove ubuntu-desktop: if ubuntu-desktop
depends on a package you don't want. For example, if you want to save
room on your hard disk, and don't need OpenOffice, Evolution and Gimp,
removing any of these packages will remove ubuntu-desktop. And
re-installing ubuntu-desktop would bring back OpenOffice, Evolution and
Gimp...

--
Julien Olivier <julo at altern.org>