kernel updates

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Sep 13 17:09:38 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 17:57 -0400, Brian Craft wrote:
> I'm running Breezy and have all current updates installed, but see
> updates relating to kernels 2.6.13 or 2.6.14, however, I'm still running
> under 2.6.12-8-386.

I meant to post about this today myself ! :-)
Indeed, I am a bit lost. Since the start of Breezy, I got 2.6.12.3 up to
2.6.12.8. However I see regularly kernel updates with version numbers
that keep going up and up, but GRUB is still only showing me 2.6.12.8 !
I read somewhere on the web that the kernel numbering scheme had change
a bit, so thought it was normal, and that some logic was simply escaping
me, hence I didn't really worry about it. Am I wrong ? Should I worry
that GRUB is still stuck at 2.6.12.8 ??

Regards,

--
Vince, curious...