Breezy > Hoary?

Steve Myers dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Sat Sep 10 11:06:02 CDT 2005

Lukas Sabota Wrote:
> I'm upgrading my hoary installation to breezy.  Apt told me that an
> additional 500MB would be used.  Is this correct?  Is breezy that much
> bigger than hoary, or is the upgrade routine just messier and leaves
> more things behind than a clean installation?
>
> Lukas

The upgrade is deffinently much bigger and it does override hoary and
intends to leave a nasty trail of left overs. If you're doing an
upgrade, breezy might toy around with hoary's applications as breezy's
applications are a higher upgrade and hoary is unable to run them
correctly.

If you do run into any issues while upgrading and find yourself stuck,
then please upgrade by doing a fresh install.

The link below provides you with the download link and the live cd
link.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=63684

Good Luck!

--