Breezy > Hoary?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 10 11:02:07 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-09 at 11:42 -0400, Lukas Sabota wrote:
> I'm upgrading my hoary installation to breezy.  Apt told me that an
> additional 500MB would be used.  Is this correct?  Is breezy that much
> bigger than hoary, or is the upgrade routine just messier and leaves
> more things behind than a clean installation?

For another reference point, I have installed fresh versions of both
Hoary and Breezy on a laptop, and it seems my /usr is around 200mb
bigger on Breezy than Hoary; both installs have a similar mix of
packages (i.,e default plus a few extra packages).

Is a Breezy upgrade from Hoary still upgrade OpenOffice.org 1 while
installing beside it OpenOffice.org 2?  It used to do that a little
while back when I did it earlier this summer; that could explain a good
chunk of disk usage having 2 copies of OOo.

--
Daniel Robitaille