Ubuntu for Small Business

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sat Sep 10 07:20:11 CDT 2005

John Richard Moser wrote:

> George Deka wrote:
>>

>>     It really won't.  I use gnucash on a daily basis and it meets most of
>>     my needs, but Money it ain't.
>>
>> Even if it was money, it does not suffice, money would be good if your
>> business was tiny, but you need a decent accounting system to suit
>> business.

I'm not convinced.  I've always done my small business accounting with
Quicken, however...

>> true there is sqlledger and quasar
>
> Quasar is purchase-ware with the POS, and the accounting stuff is GPL.
> I'm very wary about this; there could be a mess.

SQL-Ledger, otoh, is Free and even a rabid Machead and anti-GPL crusader of
my acquaintance confessed that his wife, an accountant, considered it
adequate for business.  It does a lot more than simple accounting too.  But
it still can't import an OFX file, which imo makes it weak.
--
derek