X cannot find default font

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 8 03:37:09 CDT 2005

hi,
On Mi, 2005-09-07 at 14:41 -0400, refdoc wrote:

> No. Most other packages respect changed config files and offer you a
> choice "install old/new or compare". X simply zooms through and leaves
> you with a mess. I would call this a bug as update will break the
> system.
i would assume if you are smart enough to edit this file by hand, you
would also read the big fat instructions that are written at the top of
the file, they warn you that updates wont happen if you dont allow it by
explicitly regenerating the md5sum to make sure your tweaks dont get
lost...
in the end if your update didnt work through that, i wouldnt say X is at
fault but rather the person who didnt read the instructions ;)

ciao
	oli