IA64 status

Matt Chapman matthewc at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Sep 7 23:22:13 CDT 2005

What's the status of the IA64 Ubuntu port?

I tried out the provided hoary ISO and it works fairly well.  I can't
see any IA64 packages on the official mirrors though, so I'm not sure
what to do about keeping it up to date.  I guess I'd have to run my own
buildd?

On the other hand, breezy seems somewhat broken.  The installer doesn't
work (kernel MCAs at boot).  Upgrading from hoary using the packages on
the CD succeeds, but the new kernel doesn't work, X doesn't work, and
undoubtably other things which I haven't poked a stick at yet.

I'm happy to start fixing stuff, if that's useful... but perhaps people
think it's not, and I should stick to Debian on IA64.

Matt