Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 30 07:51:21 CST 2005

If I want to open a file with an application other than the default in
firefox, I select "Other" then it takes me to the "Choose Helper
Application" dialogue.

However it doesn't give me a list of applications at all, it gives me a
dialogue where I have to go and browse the file system and select the
program manually from (e.g.) /usr/bin/xmms.

This is a pretty difficult thing to do, and also more time-consuming
that simply clicking on a list of programs, which I am pretty sure is
what used to happen in the old days.

Any chances of improving this for dapper? I couldn't find a bug about it
so I opened one at #18661

thanks, Matt

mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF