Ewan Mac Mahon ewan at macmahon.me.uk
Tue Oct 25 09:58:57 CDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 07:24:56PM -0400, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Le mardi 25 octobre 2005 à 01:10 +0200, Jeff Waugh a écrit :
> > <quote who="Ewan Mac Mahon">
> >
> > > 1) This is a wishlist one :-) You have to track down and alter the
> > > defaults files yourself, it'd be really handy if there was some
> > > semi-automatic way of altering the common things like wallpaper, Firefox
> > > start page etc, like maybe copying them from the oem users settings on
> > > logout.
> >
> > I'd like to work on some Sabayon / custom stuff for branding with the OEM
> > installer. I think we'll spec it at UBZ, but I'm not sure how likely it will
> > be for us to put it at high priority for Dapper.
>
> We have a gconf path for Sabayon,
OK, there's something I'm going to have to read up on; I'd not come
across Sabayon before.

> as well as paths for local branding in Breezy, so you can either use
> it, or distribute debs that contain the branding through a custom
> install hack or afterwards.

Is this the approach the edubuntu-artwork packages use to override the
default branding? And if not the edubuntu-artwork source, where's the
best place to look for the details?

I/we have to nail this down to a set of step by step instructions for
the LUG install day, so once that's done I'll add a generic version to
the OEMInstaller Wiki page for whoever comes along next.

Thanks,

Ewan