ehtrager at umich.edu ehtrager at umich.edu
Tue Oct 25 08:02:40 CDT 2005

> Thanks! Does anyone know if they work with the packages mentioned
> above, though? Ideally, we might be able to combine these packages
> with scim-pinyin/chewing/ccinput/fcitx/hangul/tables/m17n etc. from
> another distribution and submit them for inclusion in... Well,
> ideally it should have been Breezy, but I guess Dapper? We could even
> have a scim-everythig package that just installed everything and let
> you worry about disabling it in options later... :)

I recommend the "scim-everything" approach. SCIM has a simple GUI interface
where one can disable/enable the input methods that one wants.  Although
separate packages can also be an option, i.e. "scim-smart-pinyin" vs.
"scim-m17n", etc., users who are new to scim will find it confusing trying to
figure out which packages they need.  A "scim-everything" approach lets them
play with everything first, see how it works, and then disable whatever they
don't need later.

- Ed Trager