Jun Kobayashi fm4j-kbys at asahi-net.or.jp
Mon Oct 24 22:41:37 CDT 2005

Hi,

> >deb http://apt.debian.org.tw unstable main
> >
> >These packages *do* work.  We could probably just import them into
> >breezy (or dapper or whatever), or at least figure out what they're
> >doing right.  It would also be a good idea to import the fonts there,
> >as they are much more readable than the fonts we have now.
> >

> Thanks, but after adding this repository to my sources.list, I still
> couldn't find scim-anthy. Chances are these packages don't support
> inputting Japanese, at least. We'd need some repository that includes
> all of SCIM, and preferably a recent version.

I'm a member of Ubuntu Japanese Team, and we distribute scim, scim-anthy
and some other packages which are useful for Japanese desktop environ-
ment at:

deb http://archive.ubuntulinux.jp/ubuntu-ja breezy/

I also distribute ISO CD image including scim, scim-anthy and some
other packages at:

http://ubuntulinux.jp/download/#installimage

With this image, when you finish Ubuntu instllation,
you immediately can input Japanese on your system with scim-anthy.

Many Japanese Ubuntu users use our scim package, and we get good
reviews.
I also recommend scim for the standard input method in future release of
Ubuntu.

--
Jun Kobayashi
E-Mail: fm4j-kbys at asahi-net.or.jp