Andrew Mitchell ajmitch at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 24 15:42:29 CDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 09:10:33PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been thinking about how things work inside MOTU teams, and I think we
> really need some common tools. I know some of us already have our own tools.
> Maybe it's time to merge them in a "motu-tools" package ?
>
> Scripts I can think of :
>
> - script to generate a list of packages based on recursive-depends or
>   reverse-recursive-depends, on Debian's 'Packages' file and Ubuntu's
>   'Packages' file (so we can easily see new packages of interest in Debian)

Already done

> - compare versions of packages in Ubuntu and Debian, stating :
>   - which ones are in Debian and not in Ubuntu
>   - which ones are newer in Debian than in Ubuntu
>   - which ones are in Ubuntu and not in Debian
>   - which ones are newer in Ubuntu than in Debian
>   - etc

Already done

> - extract popcon data for all packages in a list

Shouldn't be too hard to do
> - get a status summary for each package in a list :
>   - version in Debian/Ubuntu
>   - bugs in Debian's BTS/Malone/Bugzilla
>   - useful links (Debian's PTS, etc)

Mostly done

> I'm willing to maintain this 'motu-tools' package if nobody else steps forward.
>
> Any thoughts ?

As I said on IRC, I've got a number of these things written & in an
(old format) bzr repository on my system. I've been trying to spend a little
time to clean them up & put the branch on tiber (the box which hosts REVU).
These will certainly be available online during UBZ or around that time.

--
Andrew Mitchell
Email: ajmitch at gnu.org
JID: ajmitch at jabber.org